Sep 21, 2013

MIKE PORTNOY Talks about THE WINERY DOGS In myRockworld Interview

On September 13, myRockworld conducted an interview with drummer Mike Portnoy (THE WINERY DOGS, DREAM THEATER, FLYING COLORS, Transatlantic) in Munich, Germany. You can listen it below. 



THE WINERY DOGS' self-titled debut album was mixed by Jay Ruston, who has previously worked with ANTHRAX, ADRENALINE MOB, STONE SOUR and STEEL PANTHER
"Bands like ZEPPELIN and THE WHO, THE STONES, and THE BEATLES, CREAM, and Hendrix. I mean, I grew up with that stuff," Portnoy told Voice Of America. "And, although I've been able to pay tribute to it throughout my career with tribute bands and things like that, I've never been in an all-original band that was kind of playing classic rock power trio stuff. That's how I describe this band: just a straight-up rock band." 




Portnoy was full of praise for his THE WINERY DOGS bandmates, telling Voice Of America: "Billy Sheehan is my favorite bass player on earth and he has been for almost 30 years now. So to work with him and make music with him for me is an honor. And Richie is someone I have the utmost respect for as an artist. I mean, he is just so underappreciated, not only as a guitarist, but as a singer and a writer as well. I think for me, the most exciting aspect of this band is for people to discover Richie that aren't aware of what a musical genius he is."

No comments:

Post a Comment